Sunday, April 15, 2007

Planning...again.

I now have a place to stay in Amsterdam for 1 (one) night. I'll figure the rest out when I get there. I'm going to have to be moving every night because no one has a block of more than one night available. (um, if that didn't make sense here is an example: hostel a: has space on Monday and Wednesday, and hostel b: has space on Tuesday, well Tuesday and Wednesday, but different rooms.) I now also know how to get to Gatwick from Swiss Cottage, which is a lovely thing to know, and also how to get to from the airport to hostel a.

I'm almost ready, but I can't figure out what to pack in. My rolly suitcase (which was so very helpful when I arrived in London) feels like it is silly-big to pack in for three nights, but my duffel would be a pain in the butt to drag around while I am traveling and walking all over the place. So I guess I'll take the rolly. Hmm.

But enough of this thinking out loud- I finally got to the Tate Britain and I took a boat ride on the Themes! (which smelled oddly of celery. Explain that one to me.) The weather around here has been bordering on silly. I feel like I should be outside at all times to soak up the loveliness. And quite frankly, I have been sitting in front of the computer working on my Amsterdam trip for too long, so soak up the loveliness is what I am going to go do now. Sorry for such a short post-I'm sure I'll make it up again soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Casey ---

-----soak up the lovelines -----

and continue to have way, way, way too much fun!!!!!

Dan G.

Anonymous said...

"Stalk Vegetable" was the theme of the day!
Pop

Casey in London said...

Papa-
When I was at Guildhall I picked up a flyer that said "Flash Mob II: Frozen Veg" The idea was that at some specific time on that day everyone would crowd into the main enterance way, freeze, and at some point during the next two minutes shout out the name of a vegetable in a funny way. Then leave, that was all.

Do you see why I want to go to this school?

Anonymous said...

Casey, baby!
Greetings from all of us in the Admissions office! Perhaps I should arrange and interoffice Flash Mob with a theme appropriate for us. Was thinking about Notable Nasal Noises, but of course, we couldn't pull it off w/out you!
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy
Roberta