Friday, May 15, 2009

Odds and Ends

1. This is probably unimportant, but I was really pleased with my lunch today. I made a turkey sandwich. Which seems really normal, and it is, but I don't normally make them. Plus, it was on fancy, tasty, deliciously chewy bread from the Polish store with nice, thick cut Swiss cheese and Dijon mustard. Also, I had cut up a bunch of vegetables (including red pepper) and I had a banana. Doesn't that just seem like a lovely, classy lunch? I enjoyed it. Part of the appeal was putting the sandwich in my favorite Tupperware container which has a snap on lid so you really know it's going to stay.

2. Go see Star Trek. Go see it now. I cried, tears streaming down my face during the first 10 minutes and then spent the rest of the movie infernally annoying the poor guy next to me with my bouncing and flailing about with excitement. Awesome, amazing movie. I've never seen any of the TV shows or movies before, so I know that there was a lot I was missing. (Like all of the reveals where they're like "My name is thus and such" and you're clearly supposed to go "Ooohh!" Yeah, I didn't get those.) (It didn't matter.)

3. My final project has a title now! Instead of being "Untitled IPE, Casey Middaugh." It will now be called "The Three Elements." Which is a bit confusing because there are either four or a whole periodic table full of them. But trust me here, it works.

4. My ankle is mending. It is still about half again as wide as my left ankle, but I have given up the crutch now and have taken to slathering my whole foot in arnica gel a couple of times a day. I don't know if that actually does any good, but it makes me feel like I am doing something for my foot.

No comments: