Monday, October 22, 2007

Guess what I did on Sunday?

Latana and Vanessa (french flat mate, canadian friend) are trying to get singing jobs at this big presbyterian church by the Knightsbridge tube stop, so I went with them this week.

It was really neat: they sang good hymns, the church is Scottish so there was lots of fun accent time, and they had a £1.80 lunch afterwards which was quite tasty, and they were super friendly. We ended up spending a lot of time talking to Camille who is the associate pastor and from Minnesota and I ended up spending over an hour talking to Ben; and elder from some town right near Aldeburgh that I can't remember the name of. He was the chatty type.

After that I decided to go exploring and ended up at Harvey Nichols which was a creepy experience. All of the clothes were over £500 (I started walking through it like a museum, with my hands in my pockets so as to not touch anything and accidentaly ruin the specimins.) and at their new fifth floor food section the signs they had to indicate what was in the aisle (i.e., organic non pasturized cheeses or fancy schmancy chocolates) were all of naked women adorned in whatever food was in that aisle. So I'm not really in any hurry to go back there. Though I will say that their shop windows were super cool: they had manniquins with dresses made out of different foods- my favorite was a flouncy one made from baguettes, small bagels, crackers, and wheat fronds. (Okay, I know "wheat fronds" is a weird name, but what are they called?)

Then I walked all the way back to Sundial Court so by Buckingham Palace (which looks like a giant bank, the halls of justice on Fleet street are waaaay cooler), through Trefalger Square and then down Strand Street and Fleet street to St. Pauls. It was a very nice day.

No comments: