Saturday, May 19, 2007

I gradgified! (I may also have made up a word)

If you want more photos, just ask. Quincy Jones was our speaker, he basically said "the world is your oyster, take advantage of everything you cool cool cats" but less succinctly. We were seated in alphabetical order of our instruments (bassoon, clarinet, composition, double bass, etc.) People were supposed to be quiet until everyone's name had been called, but due to one Jonny Charlton, my name had screaming and hollering and after that the ice was broken (thanks buddy! You made me smile) Uh. There was a reception afterwards and uh. Yeah. Oh! I got my actual diploma! They spelled my name correctly and everything! And it says "Bachelor of music, Double Bass"

Today (saturday) I am in New York at a family friends' home (Khadija for those of you in know) and at her request participated in a dance parade down 5th ave as part of a group of whirling dervishes. I haven't turned since I was 10 and and today did it for a mile and half. And I didn't even fall over! Though at one point I did have a near miss with a dog, and some photographers, and maybe the railings blocking off the street....but I didn't fall over! (lets focus on the important things here, people.)



.....and the pictures are proving to be a massive pain in the butt. I'll try to remedy this tomorrow. Good night for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congradgifications!