Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Screwing with their little heads/accents

In year 2 singing we are doing songs about monsters. To my delight the song that we started today was “flying purple people eater” which would have gone a lot better if I’d actually known the tune before we started... but hey, one can’t have everything.

In any case because I was winging it like mad- when one of the kids called out “It sounds American!” I ran with that. I had them all cock their hips to one side like a cowboy while singing “It was a one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater” and then  TWANGING it up as much as possible (and maybe growling a bit) to sing “sure looked strange to me.”

A group of girls were singing the last line like that on the way down the stairs to lunch and I chortled to myself.

My work here is done. (The original picture can be found here )

 

No comments: