Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter et al

I know Easter was nearly a week ago, but I'm still excited about the flurry of cooking that went along with it- so in order to brag about tasty food- I'm just going to write about it here. Hmmph.

I spent Easter weekend at my friend Gwen's house where her flatmate Hanna was moving out and Gwen was moving into Hanna's old room. So in addition to the flurry of cooking we also did quite a lot of packing and lifting and moving and whatnot. It was good times.

When Gwen and I get together we tend to make elaborate meals followed by elaborate deserts. I am confident and happy to experiment and just play with cooking, but baking freaks me out. Gwen is, happily, opposite. So she helps me with the cakes, and I help her with the dinners.

On Friday we made pizza. Originally we were going to make the dough and everything but technology (read: the internet) got in the way so instead we just made tasty toppings. On one pizza: sauteed onions, peppers, mushrooms, and fresh mozerrella. On the other pizza: carmelized red onions, mushrooms, spinach, and goat's cheese. Cake: red velvet with cream cheese frosting (Also, shockingly, an entire bottle of red food coloring...it was...bright).

No comments: