Friday, July 21, 2017

Winchester Day 2, Part 1 or "Casey gets slap happy"

I should apologise to the Winchester City of Commerce-- I think I somewhat misrepresented their offerings yesterday. I should have included mentions of their numerous wine shops, pottery shops, and the store that seemingly only sells very large wicker baskets. My bad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You: Hi Casey! Have you been taking pictures in 'Jolly Ole England'? Haha.

Me: YES.

You: Oh! That certainly was emphatic! I bet there's a lot to take pictures of, huh? Lots of neat old buildings and picturesque scenery I imagine!

Me:

You: ...Um. Okay. Have you taken many pictures?

Me: ONE.

You:

Me:

You: Casey, this is getting weird. You're being really weird. Can we please see the picture you took. Stop it.

Me:

You: Really just thrilled we had this conversation. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A fun thing to do in Winchester is play that age old game, Medieval or Victorian Fan Art? 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REAL TALK: I love the Itchen.  I'm assuming the river is named because in the 1100s there was some virulent algae that prevented clothes from being comfortably washed in it. Currently it is clear, fast moving, and GLORIOUS. It's in a canal because apparently in 70AD they were like, "yo. This floods a lot. Let's make it a moat."

I have never so desperately wanted to dip my toes into a body of water before. But there are signs posted emphatically asking one not to do so in order to avoid a £50 fine. (Is it worth it to me to spend £50 to dip my toes in the Itchen? Stay tuned to find out!)

Here, I made you a video:



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Death & The Maiden Conference starts in 20 minutes. I'll probably have actual content soon.

No comments: