Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snow Day

I was so on top of things this morning- I actually got out of bed when the alarm told me to (okay, the 3rd one, but baby steps, okay?) and took a shower. I had my clothes all laid out, my bag all packed, and a lesson plan all rarin' to go. I even made breakfast! And washed dishes. And all of this was on time! I was going to be able to do the last leg of my journey to school by walking through the park (which is my favorite way to get to school) and just to check and make sure I was still on time for everything I checked my phone...where I found a text message saying that school is canceled.

So here I am, awake and aware FAR earlier than I would be by my own volition, and I'm not entirely sure what to do with myself. Clearly I am going to have to keep writing lesson plans. But maybe I'll dry my hair first and eventually try to figure out whether or not I have the kids this afternoon.

It's a piddly amount of snow too. The tubes and buses are running. But school? School is closed. Lame.

No comments: