Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Snow in London!

In October! What?!

I was heading to the bus stop after a long day of classes and a voice lesson and then a lecture when I discovered that it was snowing, in London, in October. Apparently this is the first time this has happened since 1934.

I love snow. It was sleeting at first which really just meant that everything was getting very wet and slippery and difficult to walk through the slush (much less cycle through it which is what Jon, who was walking with me, had to do). I took pictures with my phone of snow on glass awnings, snow covering the bus stop sign, snow on grass, and snow all over cars.

It was Diwali yesterday too so there were lights up all over Hackney which made for a *very* picturesque bus ride home.

This was the first time that Moises, my Spanish flat mate had ever seen snow...

This morning there were still patches on cars and bits of grass that were still in the shade.

No comments: